Not many people are aware of this, but vitamin C is actually an essential antioxidant that is also known as ‘ascorbic acid’. One of the reasons why it’s so important to get enough vitamin C is because it has a direct influence on whether or not your body is able to produce adequate amounts of collagen naturally. While there are of course the obvious ways to get more vitamin C (dietary, supplements, etc.), you can also follow this recipe for making a DIY vitamin C face mask that helps to increase natural collagen production. You’ll need to combine vitamin C in powder format with a couple of other beneficial ingredients in order to make the mask, and then leave it on overnight while you sleep in order to maximize the benefits it provides.
View More DIY Face Mask Recipes:
Easy DIY Charcoal Peel Off Mask Anyone Can Make at Home (Try this!)
Ancient Bentonite Clay Mask Recipe for the Best DIY Face Mask Ever
4-Ingredient Charcoal Mask for Blackheads That Actually Works
Purifying Ginger DIY Face Mask – Ginger Powder, Honey, Lemon
Berry Radiant DIY Face Mask (Argan Oil, Berries, Yogurt, Honey)
DIY Vitamin C Serum Face Mask Recipe
1 tsp vitamin C (ascorbic acid) powder
1 tbsp rose water
1 tbsp aloe vera gel
1 drop frankincense essential oil
- Mix the rose water and aloe vera gel into a ceramic bowl.
- Add the vitamin C and whisk.
- Add frankincense oil and mix to incorporate.
- Use a funnel to transfer the serum into a small bottle with a dropper.
- *Use a colored bottle, as vitamin C oxidizes very fast
- Apply at night on a clean face, and leave it overnight.
- Clean your face in the morning, as it may cause skin sensibility when exposed to the sun.