- 3 vanilla beans
- 1 cup brandy, vodka, or bourbon
- Take the vanilla beans and split them in half, but leave about half an inch at the top, making it look like a wishbone.
- Put the beans in your air-tight sealable bottle and fill it with the brandy or your choice of alcohol. Make sure the beans are completely covered by the alcohol.
- Store your bottle somewhere cool and dry, checking up on it and giving it a little shake every week. It’s always fun watching the liquid get darker as the vanilla is extracted.
- Tie a bow on it and there you are! The recipient will love you for the rich flavor you’ve given them to cook with.