One of my all-time favorite meals to make is a good sheet pan chicken and potatoes dinner. Today, I’m going to be sharing a recipe that will show you exactly how I like to make my family’s favorite. It combines baby potatoes, boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a delicious garlic butter sauce. For the garlic butter sauce, you’ll need a savory mix of herbs, melted butter, garlic, some low sodium chicken broth, and the juice and zest of a lemon. Put everything on a single sheet pan, toss it in the oven, and within a half hour you’ll be all set to enjoy one ridiculously tasty family dinner. That’s all that goes into it.
View More Sheet Pan Dinner Ideas:
No-Fuss Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes (with Herb Butter)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
4 (5 ounce each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup low sodium chicken broth or stock
4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp chopped fresh parsley or ½ tsp dried parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or ¼ tsp dried thyme
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary or ¼ tsp dried rosemary
½ lemon, juiced and zested
½ teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
1 pound baby potatoes, peeled and quartered into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a sheet pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, chicken stock, parley, thyme, rosemary, lemon juice and zest, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken and potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the butter garlic sauce over the chicken and potatoes and toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip each chicken breast and stir the potatoes.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender then broil (or grill) for 2-3 minutes until chicken is golden and potatoes crisp.
- Serve with pan juices.