I think we can all relate to that feeling of coming home after a long day of work and just completely struggling to come up with something for dinner. Whenever I’m having a day like that, I usually just turn to a quick and easy sheet pan recipe, like this one for making sheet pan beef fajitas. This recipe is pretty straightforward thanks to the use of a great mix of fiery ingredients that includes three different colors of bell peppers, along with chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, and a few other choice ingredients. What I like about this recipe is that it’s not drenched in oil unlike your typical takeaway beef fajitas, so I can enjoy this dish guilt-free.
Sheet Pan Beef Fajitas (Easy and Healthy Dinner Idea)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4
1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
¼ tsp black pepper
lime, for serving
chopped fresh cilantro for serving
8 whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat an oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, add the steak, bell peppers, onion, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper and ½ tsp of salt and toss to combine.
- Spread the steak, bell peppers and onion into an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring once halfway through, until the steak is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Sprinkle the fajita mixture with chopped cilantro.
- Divide the fajita mixture among the warm tortillas and serve with lime wedges.