If you’ve been struggling to come up with gift ideas for the loved ones in your life, you can rest assured that you’re definitely not alone. There’s always diy gifts, which always turns out well as long as you put some thought into them. This diy sewing kit gift set is one of my go-tos for anyone who’s into DIY-ing, fashion or even home improvement.
Today I’m going to be sharing a pretty nifty guide that will show you how to put your own sewing kit together, complete with instructions for doing some sewing of your own to make a heart shaped pin cushion.
Along with the pin cushion, you’ll be including a few other sewing essentials. Simply add everything into a large jar, decorate the jar as you wish, and just like that, you’ve got one more person checked off your list!
(You may also like: 72 Thoughtful Diy Gifts in a Jar for the Most Memorable Homemade Gifts)
Homemade Sewing Kit – Diy Sewing Gift for Crafty People
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- threads (30 colors)
- assortment of sewing needles
- shirt buttons
- needle threader tool
- foldable measuring tape
- sewing pins
- 2 pieces of fabric
- small portion of cotton wool or cotton balls
- To make pin cushion, cut 2 identically hearts form the fabric pieces.
- Stack the two fabric hearts on top of each other and sew them together.
- Before finishing the stitch, fill the heart with cotton wool and sew it closed.
- Pin the pins into the cushion.
- Add the pin cushion and the other items into a large jar.
- Decorate the jar as you wish.