How to Make the Best Salted Caramel Sauce (Easy recipe!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
2 cups granulated sugar
¾ cups unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat sugar over medium heat whisking constantly to dissolve sugar.
- You will get amber-colored liquid. Be careful not to burn it.
- Immediately add the butter.
- Stir until the butter is completely melted.
- Slowly add in the heavy cream while stirring.
- Boil for one minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the salt.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a sterilized jars.
- Seal the jars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- When ready to use, simply reheat in a saucepan over medium-low heat.