Do you like salty food? If so, then you’re in for a real treat today. I’ll be sharing three separate recipes for making seasoned salts over the holidays. Each one of the recipes is unique and offers up quite a distinctive flavor. There’s a recipe for Italian herb salt, chili lime salt, and Texas salt.
These recipes are especially fun to make around this time of year with Christmas approaching too. My kids love spending time in the kitchen with me preparing all kinds of easy to follow recipes like this one. And the best part is? All three of these salt recipes are incredibly easy to make — you can have them all ready to go in about 30 minutes or less.
How to Make the Best Salted Caramel Sauce (Easy recipe!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
2 cups granulated sugar
¾ cups unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat sugar over medium heat whisking constantly to dissolve sugar.
- You will get amber-colored liquid. Be careful not to burn it.
- Immediately add the butter.
- Stir until the butter is completely melted.
- Slowly add in the heavy cream while stirring.
- Boil for one minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the salt.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a sterilized jars.
- Seal the jars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- When ready to use, simply reheat in a saucepan over medium-low heat.