Healthy Protein Pancakes for Kids
- Author: misswish.com
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups dairy or non-dairy milk or more as needed
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus more for skillet (or substitute with coconut oil)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the rolled oats in a high power blender and pulse until the oats reach a fine, powdery consistency.
- Add the all purpose flour, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, salt and baking powder and pulse to combine.
- Add the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract and pulse until combined.
- If the batter is to thick, add more milk (1 tablespoon at a time) and pulse until it reaches the right consistency.
- Lightly grease a non stick skillet with melted butter or coconut oil.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Drop 1/8 cup of batter for each pancake onto the hot skillet.
- Cook until small bubbles begin to form on the top.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook on the other side 60- 90 seconds or until cooked through.
- Serve warm with fresh berries.