Every time I find myself craving a dessert and can’t decide between cookies and pie, I make these pecan pie balls! It’s the perfect combination of both. Basically all the pecan pie goodness, but in a bite sized ball covered in rich chocolate.
They’re absolutely fudgy and decadent. I LOVE the flavors in pecan pie, and this emulates all of that (plus more) in a bite sized nugget.
Pecan Pie Balls
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 balls 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1½ cups pecans
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- ¾ tsp rum extract
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- holiday sprinkles (optional)
- Add the pecans, brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs to a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the maple syrup, corn syrup, melted butter and rum extract.
- Process until you get a dough you can shape with your hands.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1 tablespoon in size.
- Deep each ball into melted chocolate and sprinkle with holiday sprinkles (in using).
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Keep the balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Keywords: Pecan Pie