Peanut butter and jam sandwiches were a huge staple of my childhood. I’m almost positive that many of our readers could probably say the same thing. So with that in mind, I’m thrilled to share this recipe today for making a quick and easy peanut butter mug cake. There’s not a lot to this recipe, which is why it’s done so quickly. A bit of butter, peanut butter, one egg, some brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and your favorite variety of jam is all you’ll be needing. Mix it all together in a mug, throw it in the microwave, and voila! You’ll be enjoying a fantastic baked treat that will have you reminiscing about your childhood in no time.
View More Easy Mug Cake Recipes:Print
3-Minute Peanut Butter Mug Cake (holy yum!)
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp of your favorite jelly or jam
- Place the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave oven and stir well.
- Add the butter and sugar and mix to combine.
- Add the flour and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture in an oversized microwave-safe mug, add the jelly or jam and top with remaining peanut butter mixture.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until just firm to touch.