The first time I tried Nutella was an absolute game changer. I seriously spent a solid two months putting it on everything. While I’ve since slowed down on the Nutella, I still do enjoy making the occasional recipe that uses it. Especially if it’s a recipe that you can make super quickly like this one for a Nutella mug cake. While I first got hooked on Nutella because of the incredible flavor, it has become quite the comfort food for me because it has proven to be a versatile ingredient as well.
View More Easy Mug Cake Recipes:
5-Ingredient Nutella Mug Cake Recipe
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
1/4 cup Nutella plus extra to serve
3 tbsp milk
4 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
chopped hazelnuts, to serve (optional)
- Place Nutella in a 12 oz microwave -safe mug and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and mix to combine.
- Add the flour and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until just firm to touch and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with a small dollop of Nutella and chopped hazelnuts (if using).