Mulled Wine Spice Recipe – Good DIY Gift for Wine Lovers
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
zest of one orange
zest of one lemon
½ cup brown sugar
6 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- Preheat oven to 170°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the sugar, lemon zest and orange zest.
- Spread the sugar on the prepared baking sheet.
- Dry the sugar in the oven for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Use a spoon to break up any large clumps.
- Transfer into a jar.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Seal the jar.
- To make the mulled wine, combine the mix and wine in a sauce pan and simmer for 25 minutes.