If you’re looking for an adorable christmas cookie recipe, try these easy melted snowman cookies!
I love making cute christmas desserts like these christmas tree brownies, this ugly christmas sweater cake and these marshmallow penguins. My favorite to make every holiday though just might be my melted snowman cookies.
All you need is a yummy sugar cookie base, marshmallows, some icing, mini m&m’s for buttons and fondant for snowman scarves.
Kids absolutely LOVE these and are sure to be a hit at any school bake sale, kid party or holiday event.
Melted Snowman Cookies
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 37 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
For the cookies:
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
For the icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp meringue powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- black gel food coloring
- orange sugar sprinkles for nose
- mini M&M’s for buttons
- green, blue, yellow and rose fondant for scarfs
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, cream the butter with sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, add the sugar, meringue powder, water and lemon juice to a bowl.
- Mix on low speed until icing is smooth and glossy.
- Place ¼ of icing in a separate bowl.
- Add a few drops of black gel coloring and mix well.
- Set aside.
- Transfer the white icing to a piping bag.
- Pipe the white icing on cookies to create melted blobs.
- Place marshmallow on cookie icing.
- Place mini M&M’s on cookie icing for buttons.
- Let dry for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer the black icing in a piping bag.
- Decorate the marshmallows with black icing to make dots for eyes and a smile.
- To make the arms, pipe two “branches” onto each cookie using black icing.
- Insert an orange sprinkle into the marshmallow for a nose.
- To make the scarfs, use a rolling pin to roll the fondant into a thin layer and cut strips.
- Wrap the strips around marshmallow heads to form scarves.
Keywords: Melted Snowman Cookies