While these adorable marshmmallow penguins may look hard to make, they are not, and are actually ridiculously easy. Here’s how.
Every time I want to make a cute christmas dessert for my kids, these easy marshmallow penguins are always my go-to recipe! All you need is some marshmallows, chocolate and reeses pieces or M&M’s.
They’re really tasty, always adorable and your kids will love them. Couldn’t be any easier to make.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 20 penguins 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 20 marshmallows
- 7 oz dark chocolate, melted
- white fondant
- black royal icing
- yellow and orange mini M&Ms
- wooden skewers
- To make the edible eyes, use a rolling pin to roll the white fondant into a thin layer.
- Use the small end of round piping tip to cut the eyes.
- Use the black icing to make dots for eyes.
- Set the eyes aside.
- Insert a wooden skewer into each marshmallow, halfway through.
- Dip the marshmallow into melted chocolate, leaving a patch of uncovered marshmallow for the penguins tummy.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place in a Styrofoam block and refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove the marshmallows from the fridge.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small amount of melted chocolate glue the eyes and mini M&Ms to marshmallows.
- Lay all of the penguins down on the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Serve the marshmallows with or without skewers.