Don’t have time to prepare your breakfast most mornings? No problem. Not when you can simply turn to recipes like this one for a yummy make ahead breakfast sandwich. These sandwiches are loaded with protein and satiating fats, thanks to the use of eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon, sausage, and ham. They’re literally the perfect grab and go breakfast option. Even better, since you’re making these sandwiches entirely from scratch, they’re also a far healthier option than most kinds of breakfast sandwiches that people usually tend to order from fast food restaurants.
View More Make-Ahead Recipes:Print
The Best Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches (Yum!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
1/4 cup milk
6 slices cheddar cheese
6 english muffins, halved
6 slices bacon
2 sausage patties
2 ham slices
salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl combine the eggs and milk. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are puffed and set.
- Place the bacon and sausage patties on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place the English muffins, cut-side-up, on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice the eggs into 6 equal pieces.
- To assemble, layer your sandwich as you’d like with the meat, egg, cheese.
- Wrap in parchment paper, label and place in a freezer bag.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
- When ready to eat, remove the frozen sandwich from the freezer and unwrap from parchment paper.
- Wrap the frozen sandwich in a wet paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.(see note *)
- Cool for 1 minute, then unwrap and serve.
Cooking time may vary due to individual microwave wattage.