I love making lentil soup. Lentils are honestly such a convenient and affordable way to squeeze more protein out of your meals, and they end up making my soup recipes so much more satiating.
Today I’m going to share one of my very favorite lentil soup mix recipes with you. This make-ahead soup recipe can either be cooked right away or stored in a jar for later use.
To get the lentil soup mix ready, grab your jar and layer in these ingredients in the following order: dried lentils, dried chopped onions, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, paprika powder, dried parsley, bay leaf, and your choice of either a chicken or vegetable bouillon cube.
It makes a really good diy gift too! Everyone loves a good soul-satisfying bowl of soup 🙂
More Make-Ahead Soup Mix Recipes
Make-Ahead Lentil Soup Mix Recipe for a Hearty and Healthy Meal
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups dried green or brown lentils
- 2 tbsp dried chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 ½ tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 dried bay leaves
- 1 vegetable or chicken bouillon cube
- Layer the ingredients in the following order in a jar:
– dried lentils
– dried chopped onions
– garlic powder
– paprika powder
– dried parsley
– bay leaf
– bouillon cube
- Print the recipe tag on card stock and cut out.
- Attach the tag to the jar.
- Decorate the jar as you wish.
To make the soup:
- Unwrap the bouillon cube.
- Add the bouillon cube, remaining content of the jar, 2 diced carrots, 2 diced celery stalk, 1 (14 oz) can diced tomato and 6 cups of water into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer, until the lentils are tender, about 35-45 minutes, adding more water as necessary.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Using an immersion blender, do 2 or 3 quick whizzes to thicken the soup.
- Add 1 tsp lemon zest and lemon juice to taste.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with toasted bread.