Lately I’ve been on a huge baking kick. I’ve been making everything from homemade muffins to cookies to cakes and everything in between. Recently, I stumbled upon a recipe for making lemon curd from scratch and I just had to share it.
You’ll be able to use your homemade lemon curd in a variety of other baking recipes as well. It works great as a topping for baked goods like cakes and muffins, but I usually like to use it for making lemon meringue pies from scratch. Whatever your preferred way of using lemon curd for baking, I’m certain that you’ll find a lot to love about this recipe.Print
5-Ingredient Lemon Curd – Easy Lemon Curd Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2.5 cups 1x
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
1 cup sugar
6 large eggs
¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into bits
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and eggs to a large heavy bottomed saucepan and whisk until well combined.
- Add the butter.
- Cook over low heat, whisking frequently until the curd is thick enough to hold marks of whisk and first bubble appears on surface.
- Remove from the heat.
- Strain the curd through a mesh strainer into a glass bowl.
- Transfer the hot curd into sterilized jars and seal.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Download link: Lemon Curd Gift Tag