Would you believe that the best tasting zuppa toscana that I’ve ever tried was made with an instant pot? It’s true, and today I’m going to be sharing the exact recipe that I used to make it. This low carb instant pot zuppa toscana tastes as authentic as it gets thanks to the smart choice of whole food ingredients used in the recipe. Cauliflower and kale provide all of your essential micronutrients, bacon and Italian sausage provide the protein and saturated fat, while the remaining ingredients all work together in tandem to make one out of this world good zuppa toscana. You guys are going to want to try this one, it’s an excellent dish without the complicated steps.
Low Carb Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Quick and Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound no sugar added hot or mild Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pinch red pepper flakes or to taste
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the oil.
- Add the onion and bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the cauliflower florets and chicken stock.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Press the SAUTE button.
- Stir in the heavy cream and chopped kale and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the kale is cooked to your liking.
- Press the CANCEl button.
- Add pinch of red pepper flakes (or to taste).
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm.