Alongside potatoes and oatmeal, white rice is pretty much the only carb source that I eat on a regular basis. I used to always cook it in a rice cooker, until one day I stumbled upon a recipe for making instant pot white rice that genuinely turns out way better than any rice I’ve ever made with the rice cooker. All you need is the rice, some water, and just a pinch of salt. Add it all into your instant pot and within a few minutes you’ll be all set to enjoy your rice.Print
Instant Pot White Rice That’s Better Than in a Rice Cooker
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
1 cup long grain white rice
1 ¼ cups water
pinch of salt
- Place the rice in a fine-mesh sieve.
- Rinse the rice well under cold running water.
- Drain and place in the Instant pot.
- Add the water and pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Fluff up with a fork.
- Serve the rice right away.
This recipe is easy to double or triple. Cooking time will be the same.