Looking for an instant pot soup recipe that’s guaranteed to bust your hunger? This hearty instant pot vegetable beef soup recipe makes for one satisfying and filling bowl thanks to the generous protein and fiber content from the beef and vegetables. It’s rich in iron, B vitamins and zinc, so be sure to keep it bookmarked if you’re looking for a hefty dose of micronutrients.
(You may also like: Healthy Instant Pot Vegetable Tortilla Soup (Yum!))
Hearty Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 5 cups beef broth or stock
- 2 small bay leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minute.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef.
- Saute the meat until all sides are brown.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the carrots, celery, potatoes, frozen corn, frozen peas, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, hot pepper sauce, diced tomatoes and broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- Open the lid and discard the bay leaves.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm.