Who knew you could prepare dinner in less than 40 minutes using just one pot? I’m telling you, the instant pot is a huge time-saver especially when it comes to quick lunches and dinners. If you’re looking for something you can whip up in almost no time at all, I’m sure you’ll appreciate my recipe for instant pot tortellini soup. It’s made with a healthy serving of vegetables, chicken thighs, and of course, cheese and spinach tortellini pasta. This is one of those recipes I always come back to if I’m craving for Italian; the flavors are simply fantastic.
(You may also like: Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup (Authentic Recipe))
Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Bone Broth Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 ½ boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups homemade or store bought bone broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz cheese & spinach tortellini pasta
- 4 cups lightly packed chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the chicken, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, dried parsley, bone broth and water.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 8 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken from the pot.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the tortellini.
- Follow the package direction for cooking time.
- Add the spinach and cook it until just wilted.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm.