For as long as I can remember, my family and I would have a weekly taco night at home with some Mexican-inspired sides and dips. We’ve changed things up a bit recently, and it’s all thanks to the discovery of this mind-blowing instant pot taco soup recipe. All of your favorite taco staples are included here: lean ground beef, garlic, onion, a mix of pinto and kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and a few other choice ingredients. The best part about making this recipe with an instant pot is clean up is a breeze and takes just a few minutes. It’s a great investment if you don’t already have one.
(You may also like: The Best Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Ever (Yum!))
Mind-Blowing Instant Pot Taco Soup (Love This Recipe!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds ground lean beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups beef broth or stock
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the taco seasoning, pinto beans, kidney beans, frozen corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced green chile peppers and toss to combine.
- Add the beef broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings (sour cream, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese…)