Creamy Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup (Easy Recipe)
- Author: Anna - MissWish.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 thin bacon slices, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cup chicken broth or stock
- juice of 1 lime
- salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and bacon and cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the sweet potatoes, cayenne pepper and chicken broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm garnished with crumbled bacon.