For the longest time, I avoided eating sweet potatoes. I was always a white potato person, what can I say. A couple of years ago though, I tried to change up my diet a bit and switched to sweet potates. They’re so good for you and so, so easy to prepare especially when you follow this recipe for making instant pot sweet potatoes. If you’re on the fence about them just like I was, give this recipe a shot and find out exactly what you’ve been missing out on.
Easy (And Perfectly Cooked) Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1+ 1x
1–4 sweet potatoes
1 cup water
- Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Add the water.
- Place the potatoes on top of the trivet.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press the PRESSURE COOK button.
- Press +/- button to select the cook time in minutes.
- Sweet potato cook times (based on size of sweet potato)
- 6 inch: 15-20 minutes
- 8 inch: 25-30 minutes
- 10 inch: 35-40 minutes
- 12 inch: 45-50 minutes
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the sweet potatoes, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- Open the lid and carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the pot.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.