For me, soup recipes that can feed the entire family in just under 20 minutes deserve a little more recognition and this instant pot stuffed pepper soup does exactly that. This hearty soup is made with green, red, and yellow pepper which all add a unique flavor. Additionally, lean ground beef is added for extra protein along with long grain white rice to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Most of the time, soup recipes are normally just served as an appetizer but this stuffed pepper soup is filling enough to be your entire meal.
(You may also like: Keto Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers)
Easy Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2/3 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 6 cup beef broth or stock
- 2 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes with basil
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- shredded Cheddar cheese, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, to break up the meat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the bell peppers, diced tomato, tomato sauce, dried oregano and rice.
- Add the broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve soup with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped parsley if you like.