I try my best to keep my carb intake relatively low most days of the week. There are definitely some days where I feel like loading up on them though, and when I do, I make sure to turn to recipes that use high quality, wholesome carb sources. Recipes just like this one for making fool-proof 10-minute instant pot steel cut oats are worth saving up carbs for. You literally only need two ingredients to make the recipe (plus just a pinch of salt). I personally like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk whenever I make these oats because I love the flavor of it.
Fool-Proof 10-Minute Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 cup steel cut oats
3 cups water or unsweetened almond milk
pinch of salt
- Add the oats, water and pinch of salt in the Instant pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid and stir to combine.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.