One of the best things about owning an instant pot is seemingly endless variety of soups that you can make with them. Take this recipe for an instant pot bone broth beef and squash soup for instance. It takes very little time to prepare but you’ll still end up with a winning combination of ingredients. Bone broth is quite popular these days and for good reason—you get the incredible flavor from the beef bones as well as the mineral content such as calcium, phosphorous, potassium and magnesium. Quite the nutrient powerhouse, don’t you think?
(You may also like: Energy-Packed Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup)
Instant Pot Bone Broth Beef and Squash Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary or 1 ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pound butternut squash, trimmed, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Season the beef cubes with ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Toss the beef cubes in the flour.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the tomato paste, rosemary, thyme and butternut squash.
- Add the bone broth, water and wine and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen the bits.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm.