Spanish rice is easily one of my favorite ways to enjoy rice because it pairs so well with so many different types of meals. And when it comes to making Spanish rice, there aren’t very many better ways to do so than this authentic instant pot Spanish rice recipe. Featuring an incredible mix of onion, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, smoked paprika, and parsley, this is one rice recipe that’s definitely not lacking in the taste department. It’s perfectly spicy, incredibly tasty, and the best of all, it’s super quick and easy to make.
Authentic Instant Pot Spanish Rice Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups long grain white rice, washed and drained
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, canned
- 2 ½ cup chicken stock or broth
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, crushed tomatoes, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder and chicken stock.
- Stir to combine.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve.
More Easy Instant Pot Rice Recipes:
- Soul-Satisfying Instant Pot Creole Red Beans And Rice
- How to Make Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- Soul-Satyisfying and Comforting Instant Pot Chicken And Rice
- Instant Pot White Rice That’s Better Than in a Rice Cooker
- Melt In Your Mouth Instant Pot Rice Pudding (YUM!)
- How to Make Brown Rice in an Instant Pot (Quick and Easy)