Both of my kids absolutely love spaghetti. I actually try to make it at least once per week since I know how much they enjoy it. The only downside to that is most spaghetti sauces that you can find on store shelves contain quite a few preservatives and added sugars. So in order to keep things on the healthier side of things for my whole family, I usually tend to make my own sauce from scratch. Today I’ll be sharing my go to recipe for doing so. It makes a healthy homemade instant pot spaghetti sauce that’s low in sugar but definitely not lacking when it comes to taste and that’s all thanks to the blend of ingredients you’ll be using in this recipe.
Healthy Homemade Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce (Low Sugar Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 1 can (14 oz) no sugar added tomato sauce
- 3 oz no sugar added tomato paste
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, garlic powder, pinch of salt and water.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 6 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped basil (if using).
- Serve with zucchini noodles.