Today I’m going to be sharing one of the easiest spaghetti recipes ever. You can actually have this instant pot spaghetti ready to go and perfectly cooked without constantly having to monitor and stir your pasta (this is why I love my instant pot so much).
Just add in the spaghetti noodles, a bit of olive oil, some water, and a pinch of salt and then let your instant pot work its magic. Make sure to use authentic extra-virgin olive oil when making this recipe to ensure that it’s heart-healthy for you and your young ones.
What I love most about this instant pot spaghetti is how absolutely convenient it is without sacrificing texture or flavor. Give it a try! You’ll never just boil your spaghetti noodles again.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Noodle Ingredients
- Spaghetti Noodles- While any spaghetti noodles will work, I suggest avoiding the cheapest brands like Creamette and use a brand like DeCecco or Barilla, as well as using a standard spaghetti and not ‘thin spaghetti’. By using something a little higher quality and the standard thickness, you’ll get that perfect al dente bite, and the texture of the spaghetti noodles (when cooked in an instant pot) will be PERFECT.
- Olive oil- Make sure it’s extra virgin olive oil! It really does make a big difference in taste.
- Salt- Any salt will do (but I prefer sea salt).
How to Make Spaghetti Noodles in an Instant Pot
You’ll start out by taking 12 ounces of spaghetti noodles and breaking them in half before adding them into the instant pot. Next, add in the two tablespoons of olive oil, three cups of water, and a pinch of salt.
Press your spaghetti noodles down into the water and then seal up the instant pot, being sure to turn the venting knob to ‘SEALING’. You can then press the ‘PRESSURE LOCK’ button (double check that the pressure mode is set to ‘High’), and adjust the timer for approximately four minutes.
After the four minutes is up, leave the pressure to come down naturally for about 10 minutes or so before quick releasing the rest of the pressure. Open up the lid, stir the noodles, and then you’ll be all set to serve the spaghetti along with your favorite sauce.
If you’re looking for a good sauce to make with this instant pot spaghetti, make sure to try my homemade instant pot spaghetti sauce.
Is This Spaghetti Noodle Recipe Keto Friendly?
Unfortunately, because you’ll be using traditional pasta noodles to make this spaghetti, this recipe is definitely not keto friendly (or even paleo friendly, for that matter).
There’s no need to fret though as you can still definitely make ridiculously good keto friendly spaghetti with your instant pot. You’ll just need to get a little bit creative with your ingredient choices.
One of the most common ways to make keto style spaghetti is to simply swap out the spaghetti noodles for spiralized veggie noodles. The two most popular choices for low carb veggie ‘spaghetti’ are typically either squash or zucchini.
My Spaghetti Keeps Sticking to the Side of My Instant Pot
The easiest way to avoid this is to make sure that you break your spaghetti noodles in half before adding them into the instant pot (there’s indeed a method to the madness after all!), while also making sure to take a bit of extra time to press your noodles down into the water before sealing your instant pot.
You’re also going to want to resist the urge to give your spaghetti a stir before you cook the noodles as well. This also applies if you’re planning on cooking a spaghetti sauce to go along with the noodles. You’ll want to fully cook the sauce first, and then add in your pasta noodles afterwards, without stirring them.Print
Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti (Noodles Only Recipe)
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
12 oz spaghetti
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups water
- Break the spaghetti into half and place in the Instant Pot.
- Add the water, olive oil and pinch of salt.
- Press the spaghetti under water.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 4 minutes. (The cooking time is half of the suggest time on the pasta box.)
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid and stir.
- Serve warm with your favorite sauce.