If you’ve been craving something a little spicy lately, you’ve come to the right place. You simply must check out this easy instant pot shredded chicken recipe. It’s an absolute kicker with tacos, tortillas or just chips. Mexican night is going to be a real thing in your household, trust me. All you’ll need are some boneless, skinless chicken breasts, some taco seasoning, and your choice of either homemade or store-bought salsa. Throw it all in your instant pot with a bit of salt and pepper, set it to ‘Pressure Cook’ mode, and you’ll be all set.
Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups salsa, homemade or store-bought
1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
salt, black pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the salsa, taco seasoning and 1/3 cup of water.
- Grease the Instant pot insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and salsa mixture in the Instant pot and toss to coat.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 30 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken from the pot.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Add ½ cup of cooking mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve the shredded chicken with tortillas and your favorite toppings.