I absolutely love any kind of Asian cuisine. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese…I can’t get enough of it. Today I’ll be sharing a tasty recipe for making the most addictive instant pot Korean short ribs. I say addictive because it has all the makings of a phenomenal dish–tasty, fall-off-the-bone short ribs, a bomb sauce, and so much more. Just don’t be surprised when you find yourself craving them on a near daily basis like I do. They’re that good!
Addictive Instant Pot Korean Short Ribs (ERMAHGERD!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
2 pounds 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick crosscut bone-in beef short ribs (flanken style)
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup water
¼ tbsp mirin
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
4 tbsp brown sugar
½ Asian pear, grated
½ small onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 scallions, sliced thinly
black pepper to taste
- Add the soy sauce, water, mirin, ginger, onion, Asian pear, garlic, sesame oil, pinch of black pepper and brown sugar to the Instant pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the ribs and toss to coat.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Remove the ribs from the Instant pot.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Cook the sauce, stirring frequently, until the liquid is thick and glazy.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Taste and add more black pepper if necessary.
- Spoon the sauce over the ribs and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with scallion or for charred ribs, turn the broiler on the oven.
- Place the ribs under the broiler and broil until lightly charred on both sides.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with scallions and serve.