There are so many wonderful recipes you can make with an instant pot. This instant pot salmon is a must-try because it comes out perfectly cooked every single time—flakey, moist and well seasoned without drowning out the natural buttery flavor of the salmon. Most people assume that Asian food entails stir-frying in a big wok or needing tons of oil, but that’s not always the case. With an instant pot, you can get some amazing results without the excess calories and flavorings, making it a healthy alternative for those who are trying to lose weight.
Perfectly Cooked Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup mirin
¼ cup water
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch fresh ginger, grated, or finely chopped
1 pound salmon, cut into 4 fillets
2 tsp cornstarch
black pepper to taste
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 green onions, sliced
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, mirin, water, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and pinch of black pepper.
- Place the salmon filets in a foil pan.
- Pour ⅓ cup of the soy sauce mixture over the salmon filets and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 ¼ cups of water to the Instant pot.
- Place the foil pan with salmon filets on top of the trivet.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the salmon filets from the pot.
- Remove the trivet and wash and dry the pot insert.
- Return the pot insert into the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Add the remaining soy sauce mixture and cornstarch mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Pour the sauce over salmon filets.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions and serve.