Risotto is a dish you normally see on the menu at a fine dining restaurant but now you can cook it in your very own kitchen. This creamy lemon and mushroom instant pot risotto is fantastic for parties, potlucks, or small family gatherings. We guarantee that whoever tries this dish will be blown away by the delicate, subtle flavors of lemon zest, white mushrooms, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Risotto makes for a great appetizer with a fish or beef entrée because it’s light, tasty and the flavors can be adapted to suit your tastes. And while it’s normally labor-intensive, the instant pot simplifies the process without sacrificing on texture. This is one of those best kept secrets for fancy eating without the complicated process.
Creamy Instant Pot Lemon and Mushroom Risotto
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 pound white mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed and sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
2 cups arborio rice
½ cup white wine
4 ½ cups vegetable or chicken stock
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan plus extra for serving
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil and butter.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the rice and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Stir in the stock and wine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm topped with extra grated Parmesan.