Rice pudding is easily one of the most comforting desserts around. At least, for me. Little did I know, I could make it using an instant pot. Instant pot rice pudding is a huge thing in my house because the texture is just as good as regular recipes cooked on the stove. It’s made with butter, long-grain white rice, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and just a hint of vanilla extract.
Melt In Your Mouth Instant Pot Rice Pudding (YUM!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
2 tbsp butter
3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice
3 1/4 cup milk
3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Rinse the rice and drain well.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PORRIDGE button.
- Adjust the timer to 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally.
- Open the lid.
- Stir well until fully combined and creamy.
- Serve warm or cold.