I have good news. Today I’m going to be sharing the secret to making the most tender and addictive BBQ ribs ever. There are actually two things you need to do. First, prepare them with a fantastic mix of herbs and spices that will have you 100% hooked from the moment you take your first bite. The second secret to the best BBQ ribs ever is this—you don’t actually need a BBQ! This instant pot ribs recipe is proof of that. Imagine smothering your rack of baby back pork ribs with a savory mix of herbs, spices, and then brushing them with a BBQ sauce before serving your dish…out of an instant pot. Oh man, your guests aren’t going to believe how awesome this turns out because it’s 100% BBQ flavor without the smokey pit.
Tender Instant Pot BBQ Ribs (Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
4 pounds (2 kg) baby back pork ribs
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup water
1 cup barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, cumin and cayenne powder (if using).
- Remove the membrane from the ribs.
- Drizzle the ribs with olive oil.
- Rub the seasoning all over the ribs.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Add the water.
- Place the ribs on the trivet.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press the PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet.
- Brush the ribs with barbecue sauce on all sides.
- Broil or grill on medium hight heat for 5-10 minutes, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Brush with more barbecue sauce and serve.