I remember a few years ago when it seemed like quinoa was all the rage when it came to health food. To be fair, it is indeed quite an excellent carb source, and I usually whip some up to go along with my morning breakfast meal. It’s just so convenient to prepare and it pairs so well with so many of my favorite breakfast options, like bacon, eggs, or sausage. It’s especially easy to make if you follow this recipe as well, as it will show you how to quickly and easily make a fluffy 1-minute Instant Pot quinoa. The only things you’ll be needing are one cup of quinoa, one cup of water, and just a pinch of salt. This recipe is a perfect example of how keeping things simple is often for the best.
Fluffy 1-Minute Instant Pot Quinoa (Easy and Quick)
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 cup quinoa
1 cup water
- Place quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve.
- Rinse the quinoa well under cold running water.
- Soak the washed quinoa in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Drain and place in the Instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water and pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 1 minute.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Fluff up with a fork.
- Serve the quinoa right away or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.