Whenever I would go out to eat with my family, I would always order potato salad as my side option. I’m completely hooked on the stuff, so it’s no wonder that I can’t get enough of this incredible instant pot potato salad recipe. It’s easily one of the best potato salads that you’ll ever try, and it’s all thanks to the wicked mixture of flavorful ingredients that go into making it from scratch. You’ve obviously got your potatoes and eggs, along with a deliciously creamy mix of sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, plus a few choice herbs.
Incredible Instant Pot Potato Salad (Grandma-Approved)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
2 pounds white potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
3 large eggs, washed well
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon or yellow mustard
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
3 celery stalks, finely chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped dill pickles
½ tsp dried dill
2 tbsp chopped parsley (or cilantro or chives)
salt, black pepper to taste
- Place the steamer basket in the Instant pot.
- Add 1 ½ cup of water.
- Place the potato cubes into the basket and top with the eggs.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 4 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Pour the cold water in a bowl.
- Add ice cubes.
- Carefully transfer the eggs into the bowl.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, peel and dice.
- In a large bowl add the potato cubes, diced onion, pickle, celery, diced eggs, dried dill and parsley.
- In another bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the potato mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve.