Easy Instant Pot Potato Dill Soup (5-Ingredient Recipe)
I never realized how much I would love potato dill soup until I tried it for the first time. I was a little skeptical at first, but as soon as I had that first spoonful, I was hooked. It’s a great choice if you like your thick and creamy soup but without having to spend hours cooking it. You’ll be needing some fresh dill for this, along with two pounds of potatoes. I like using fresh dill from my herb garden to really give it that rustic feel, but any fresh dill will do. For the broth, you’ll just need some basic chicken broth and some half and half to thicken it. Just 5 simple ingredients.
(You may also like: Easy 5-Ingredient Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes)
Creamy Instant Pot Potato Dill Soup – Easy 5-Ingredient Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 2 tsp dried dill) plus extra for decoration
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Stir in the chopped dill and half and half.
- Using an immersion blender, roughly purée some of the soup to thicken it.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe