Easy 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Pork Roast – Made with Frozen Pork Butt
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
3 pounds pork butt roast, frozen
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp chili powder
½ cup apple juice
½ tsp coarse black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
2 tbsp oil
- In a small bowl combine the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper and salt.
- Rub the seasoning all over the pork roast.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the oil.
- Add the roast and brown 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the roast from the Instant Pot.
- Add the water and apple juice and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen the brown bits.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Return the pork in the Instant pot.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 66 minutes (see Note*).
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Remove the pork from the Instant pot.
- To crisp up the crust, carefully place the pork on a baking sheet.
- Broil in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the crust is brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing then slice and serve.
If your roast is smaller or larger, calculate the cooking time by multiplying the number of pounds by 22 minutes.