When it comes to weight loss, popcorn is actually a really good snack option because it’s low in calories and high in fiber and food volume, meaning you can eat a lot of it without adding a ton of calories to your daily intake. This instant pot popcorn recipe is by far the easiest one I’ve tried because the popcorn always turns out perfectly each time, and I don’t get the burnt kernels at the bottom like I usually do when I make popcorn in a regular pan. As an added bonus, you can season it with whatever you like. Personally, I love just a bit of butter, oil and salt but the great part about this recipe is there’s a lot of room for creativity when it comes to seasonings and toppings.
(You may also like: Easy Diy Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn Kit)Print
5-Minute Instant Pot Popcorn – The Easiest Way to Make Popcorn
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup corn kernels
- salt to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the oil.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the corn kernels and stir to coat.
- Cover the pot with a lid that fits well.
- When the popping slows down, press the CANCEL button.
- Allow kernels to finish popping before removing lid.
- Season to taste with salt and serve.