You’re going to want to make pancakes for breakfast at every chance you can get after trying my giant fluffy instant pot blueberry pancakes. It’s seriously one of the best pancake recipes that you’ll ever try. It starts out as a fairly standard pancake recipe to begin with, but the instant pot makes all the difference. You’ll need to set it to ‘MULTIGRAIN’ mode and watch what about half an hour in the instant pot does to your pancakes. It’s well worth the wait, trust me!
How to Make Giant Fluffy Instant Pot Blueberry Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- nonstick cooking spray
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the eggs and sugar until mixture triples in volume, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Be careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Grease the Instant pot insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pot insert.
- Close the lid.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the MULTIGRAIN button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “low” and the mode shows as “less” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 40 minutes.
- When finished cooking, open the lid.
- Use a spatula to remove the pancake from the pot.
- Serve warm with butter, maple syrup or honey and fresh berries.