I’m very picky about the carbs that I eat. I do my best to avoid anything that has been processed or refined and I’ve never felt better because of it. However, one of the few carb sources that I do indulge in is oatmeal, especially when I make it by following this recipe for the smoothest instant pot oatmeal. Oatmeal can be healthy for you, as long as you avoid those that are loaded with refined sugar and flavorings. In my opinion, homemade is the way to go. This recipe for instant pot oatmeal only requires four simple ingredients to make it—old fashioned rolled oats, water, almond milk, and a cinnamon stick. Simply toss everything into the instant pot and within five minutes, you’ll be all set to enjoy a nourishing bowl of oatmeal.Print
How to Make the Smoothest Instant Pot Oatmeal with Rolled Oats
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup water
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cinnamon stick
- Add the rolled oats, water, almond milk, cinnamon stick and pinch of salt in the Instant pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid and stir to combine.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.