If you’re a fan of traditional miso soup, then you’re in for a real treat with the recipe I’m going to be sharing today. It’s for an instant pot miso soup that’s not at all intimidating to prepare even if you’re not familiar with Japanese cuisine. It only has five ingredients: dashi stock, dried seaweed, red miso paste, tofu, and green onion. Instant miso soup packets are usually loaded with sodium and monosodium glutamate, but this easy homemade version doesn’t because you don’t really need all that flavoring when the ingredients are fresh. You’ll see what I mean once you make it.
(You may also like: How to Make the Best Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup (Easy!))Print
Must-Try Instant Pot Miso Soup (Easy and Quick)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 cups dashi stock
- 1 oz dried seaweed
- 1/4 cup red miso paste
- 6 oz firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Add the dashi and bring it to a boil.
- Add the seaweed and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tofu and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, place the miso.
- Add a little of the dashi and stir to dissolve miso.
- Add the miso mixture to the Instant pot and mix to combine.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Serve warm and garnish with green onions.