Everybody in my family absolutely loves meatloaf. We usually try to make a meatloaf at least once or twice per month, and it’s always something we look forward to. I used to make a variety of different meatloaf recipes until I found a super quick and easy one to make with an Instant Pot. This easy 6-ingredient Instant Pot meatloaf is now my go to recipe whenever we’re planning a meatloaf night. Even though there are only six ingredients, they’ve all been carefully selected and they help to make this meatloaf into a truly next level dish. Just don’t be surprised when you find yourself planning your own weekly family meatloaf nights after you get a taste of this recipe.
Easy 6-Ingredient Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe for a Quick Meal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 pound ground lean beef
½ cup milk
1 small onion, finely chopped
½ cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup hot ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
salt, black pepper to taste
- To make the meatloaf, place the ground beef, milk, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ tsp of black pepper in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture into a foil pan.
- Shape the mixture into loaf. Set aside.
- In a small bowl place the ketchup and sugar and mix to combine.
- Pour half of the ketchup mixture over the meatloaf.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place the foil pan on top of the trivet.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid and remove the foil pan from the pot.
- Place the meatloaf on a baking sheet or a dish.
- Glaze with remaining ketchup mixture.
- Broil in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until glaze bubbles.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve.