Craving meatballs lately? How about a mouthwatering Swedish meatballs recipe that’s incredibly simple to prepare? That’s exactly what you’re getting with this quick and easy 7-ingredient Instant Pot Swedish meatballs and gravy recipe. This recipe is made entirely from scratch with nothing but real whole food ingredients. The meatballs themselves are made with a delectable combination of lean ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, and olive oil. It’s the homemade gravy that will really win you over with this recipe though. You’ll know what I mean once you make it.
7-Ingredient Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs and Gravy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
For the meatballs:
1 ½ pound ground lean beef
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 large egg
2 tbsp oil
salt, black pepper to taste
For the gravy:
¼ cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups beef broth
¾ cup sour cream
Salt, black pepper to taste
For serving (optional):
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- To make the meatballs, in a bowl place the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix to combine.
- Form the meatballs into 1 tablespoon sized balls.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the oil.
- Working in batches, brown meatballs on both sides until golden.
- Remove the meatballs from the pot and set aside.
- Add the butter to the Instant pot.
- Stir in the flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen the brown bits.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Return the meatballs to the pot.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 6 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Remove the meatballs from the pot.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Return the meatballs to the pot and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley (if using) and serve.