How to Cook Perfectly Firm Lentils in an Instant Pot
- Author: Anna (MissWish.com)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup brown or green lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the lentils, pinch of salt, pinch of black pepper and water or broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Taste and add more salt and black pepper, if necessary.