My kids absolutely love it when I make lasagna. Better yet, they’ve also grown to love my lasagna soup. It’s great because it makes my life so much easier, especially when I can turn to recipes like this one for making a mom-approved instant pot lasagna soup. I love a good lasagna bubbling away in the oven with all that molten cheese and tomato sauce, but it can get a little tiring to make. You’ll save so much time with this soup versus cooking a traditional lasagna and but it still has all of the basics—ground beef, pasta, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and more.
(You may also like: The Best Instant Pot Lasagna (Quick and Easy Recipe))
Crave-worthy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 6 oz lasagna noodles, broken into 2” pieces
- 2 (14 oz) cans crushed tomatoes with basil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- salt, black pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, to break up the meat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, lasagna noodles, crushed tomatoes and broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until the shredded cheese is completely melted and incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm garnished with grated Parmesan and fresh basil leaves.