Lasagna is one of those foods that feels like it’s impossible to get wrong. Even a so-so lasagna usually tastes good enough that you don’t hesitate when it comes to going back for seconds. And when it’s good? It’s really good. That’s definitely the case with this family-friendly instant pot lasagna recipe. It’s quick and easy to make, and if you’re a fan of cheese, you’re going to nuts for this because it has 3 types of cheese.
The Best Instant Pot Lasagna (Quick and Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pound ground lean beef
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 small onion diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
9 No-boil lasagna noodles
salt, black pepper to taste
- Line a 7 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Wrap outside of the pan in a double layer of heavy-duty foil.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl place the ricotta cheese, egg, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Mix to combine and set aside.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up into small pieces, until no longer pink.
- Add the pasta sauce and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the meat mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Wash and dry the pot insert.
- Return the pot insert into the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 ¼ cups of water to the Instant pot.
- Place the prepared pan on top of the trivet.
- To assemble, spread ½ cup of meat sauce onto bottom of the prepared pan.
- Break 3 lasagna noddles and arrange over the meat sauce.
- Spread 1/3 of remaining meat sauce over the noodles.
- Top with ½ of ricotta mixture.
- Again, break 3 noodles and arrange over the ricotta mixture.
- Top the noodles with half of remaining meat sauce.
- Spread the remaining ricotta mixture.
- Break the remaining noodles and arrange over the ricotta mixture.
- Press slightly.
- Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the lasagna from the Instant pot.
- Let it rest on a cooling rack for about 10-15 minutes.
- Release the lasagna from the springform pan.
- Slice and serve.