I used to be all about brown rice or wild rice. I bought into the hype that it was the only healthy option when it came to indulging in rice as a carb source. Then I took a trip to Thailand and fell in love with jasmine rice. It just tastes so much better in my opinion and since then, it’s become my go-to for rice meals. There are several different ways to prepare it, but my method is pretty simple. Just throw your rice in the instant pot with some water and a bit of salt and it comes out perfect each time.
How to Make Instant Pot Jasmine Rice – Easy Recipe for Perfect Rice
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
1 cup Jasmin rice, washed and drained
1 ¼ cups water
pinch of salt
- Place the rice in the Instant pot.
- Add the water and pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 4 minute.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Fluff up with a fork.
- Serve the rice right away.
This recipe is easy to double or triple. Cooking time will be the same.